Everything is sort of boring
if you look at it one way
and impossibly exciting
if you look at it another.
You can lie on a bed in Bratislava
and weep gently into the curled sheets
when you remember
you’re stuck here
even if you’re not stuck,
and you are not.
Atoms are swirling in your eyelids.
Make atoms into another word like swan children,
if you need to, and that’s what’s attacking your world
in a peaceful hypnotic way.
A flame is more like water than we know.
If you watch it you’ll see what I mean.
Most of the time we just need each other. So here,
I picked up your sunglasses off the subway floor.
One of the lenses popped out when it fell
and is lying next to my shoe.
I give it back to you, stranger!
And what do you do you mildly thank me
when I say "maybe you can fix it”
and we walk on and I’m not sure
is what just happened remarkable or not.
let's meet again. -mollye.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment